Warning: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 Minutes!

If children swallow a single small dose of the poisonous Dieffenbachia plant, its sap especially, they can die within a minute, while adults can perish in 15 minutes!!!  

So, if you are really very addicted to this plant, and if you do not want to remove it from the room where you stay or work, always keep some kind of a heavy bar around it, so that no one can come closer to the plant. Negative effects can occur even if someone touches the plant by hand and then rubs the eyes with hands unwashed: CLOSE CONTACT OF HUMAN EYES WITH THE PLANT’S MATERIAL CAN LEAD TO TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT LOSS OF SIGHT – THAT IS BLINDNESS!

The U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health provide aweb page devoted to Dieffenbachia plant poisoning. According to this site, eating the plant can cause poisoning due to the presence of oxalic acid and the proteinasparagine within the plant.

The following are listed as symptoms of Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia plant) poisoning:

  • burning mouth and/or throat
  • swelling and blistering of the mouth/tongue
  • nausea and vomiting
  • diarrhea
  • hoarse voice
  • strong pain in the eyes
  • damage to the cornea of eye

For this reason, we sincerely suggest that you do not keep any Dieffenbachia plants in your dwelling places, or, at least, place them far away from your ignorant children when you leave your homes!

If someone has ingested Dumb Cane and is suffering from Diefenbachia poisoning, the U.S. Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health recommend taking the person to the emergency room and/or immediately calling the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 

The National Poison Control Center is a free service available 24/7 in the United States.
They recommend:
1. Immediately washing the part of the skin that has come into close contact with the plant,

  1. Rinsing out the eyes thoroughly,
  2. Wiping out the mouth with a washcloth first dipped in cold water, and
  3. Drinking milk.

READ THIS ARTICLE: This Is Why You Should Never Eat Tilapia Again!

References:
The U.S. National Library of Medicine
The U.S. National Institute of Health
SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *