High vitamin C drink
Constantly producing adrenal hormones rapidly uses up vitamin C, meaning your levels of this vital vitamin end up depleted. This high vitamin C drink will give them a much needed boost – and as a bonus it also contains lots of good-for-you antioxidants.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Pinch of quality Himalayan salt
- Blend until smooth, drink 1-2 times daily.
Valerian root tea
Helping you naturally lower stress levels and improving your ability to sleep and restore function, this herbal remedy is highly recommended. Valerian root tea contains compounds which act on your central nervous system to induce a sense of calmness.
- Valerian root tea
- Consume a blend of valerian and chamomile each night before you go to bed.
Licorice root tea
Licorice has been a part of Chinese medicine for at least 3000 years and is known to reduce adrenal gland stress. You can buy licorice in both dried and powdered forms at most health food stores – and use it to make your own healing tea.
- Licorice root tea
- Add 1 teaspoon of licorice root to just-boiled water, and allow it to steep for five minutes.
- Consume one cup each day, in order to restore proper adrenal function.
Matcha green tea
High in antioxidants, matcha is a powerhouse when it comes to promoting optimal internal balance. It’s also naturally energizing, helping you get through the morning or late afternoon without resorting to coffee. (It’s bad for the adrenals, remember?) And the l-theanine it contains helps support a more calm, blissful state of mind.
- Matcha green tea
- Get creative! You can add matcha to smoothies, bake it into cookies, or even turn it into a daily tea ritual.
- Just make sure you get your daily dose.
By taking action today, you’ll not only be allowing yourself to feel better – you’ll also reduce your risk of further harming your health. Try using these drinks whenever you’re experiencing a period of stress (and even when you’re not) to make sure you’re always giving your adrenals the support they need to stay healthy.
Don’t wait until you’re completely bogged down by stress and fatigue — take a proactive approach, by beginning today!